Ombudswoman Lora Vidović and the Ombudsman institution of Bosnia and Herzegovina signed a Memorandum on Mutual Co-operation with a view of developing the organisational preconditions for the co-operation in the protection of the rights of their citizens via handling complaints and other activities.
The planned co-operation encompasses the exchange of experience and practices, providing assistance in the promotion and protection of human rights and freedoms in line with each of the institutions’ mandates, providing information and assistance in cases of the violations of the human rights of the citizens of the Republics of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina respectively, as well as participation in the other institution’s relevant events.
The memorandum, signed on 9 December 2020 on the occasion of the International Human Rights Day, is not a legally binding instrument. Its aim is to additionally strengthen the existing amicable relationship between the two institutions.
- Ombudswoman to Chair European Network of Equality Bodies (Equinet)
- European Commission’s Recommendation to Croatia: Ensure Follow-Up to the Ombudswoman’s Recommendations and the Access to Information
- Exchanging Experiences with Armenian Colleagues on the Protection of the Persons Reporting Irregularities
- International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- World Refugee Day
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day