OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities Lambert Zannier met the Ombudswoman Lora Vidović and her Deputy Tena Šimonović Einwalter on 4 September 2018.
The meeting was held within the Commissioner Zannier’s official visit to Croatia who, upon his recent appointment, has been visiting all OSCE member states.
During the discussion both the Commissioner and the Ombudswoman tackled the implementation of the existing laws with relation to realisation of the proportional representation of national in public administration bodies, judiciary and police as well as the official and public usage of the minority letters and languages. They also discussed general social atmosphere towards national minority members, cases of hate speech and hate crime and discrimination based on ethnicity.
The Commissioner presented the book on experience in implementation of OSCE recommendations related to the usage of minority language and letter. In conclusion, further continuation of cooperation between the two institutions in advancing the respect of the rights of national minority members has been agreed as well.
- Javni poziv za izbor zamjenika/zamjenice pučke pravobraniteljice
- Konferencijom „Ljudska prava u Hrvatskoj“ obilježili smo 75 godina od donošenja Opće deklaracije o ljudskim pravima UN-a
- Usvojeni prijedlozi pravobraniteljice – uskoro bolja zaštita starijih koji potpisuju ugovore o uzdržavanju
- Slučaj Budak: Bolnica provela preporuke pravobraniteljice, Ministarstvo zdravstva daleko manje otvoreno za preporučene promjene
- Deset godina Nacionalnog pozivnog centra za žrtve kaznenih djela i prekršaja
- Obilježavanje Dana sjećanja na žrtve Domovinskog rata i Dana sjećanja na žrtvu Vukovara i Škabrnje