Ombudswoman Lora Vidović was elected as a member of the GANHRI Working Group on Aging on 6 March, 2017 in Geneva. Working group is tasked for making improvement in GANHRI’s member mutual cooperation in the field of protection human rights of elderly as well as for enhancing strategic activities at the international fora including contribution to the UN mechanisms.
As one of two representatives of the European institutions, she was elected at the general meeting of the European network of national human rights institutions (ENNHRI), as a chair in 2016. Eight member Working Group on Aging also consist of NHRI representatives from Asia and Pacific, North and South Americas and Africa.
One of Working Group priorities is advocating for adoption of the UN Convention on the Rights of Older Persons. Namely, although human rights are universal and relate to all citizens, the fact that the older persons are not explicitly referred to in the international documents may present a challenge for protection of their rights; therefore implementation of the Convention might contribute to strengthening of their rights.
- Nacionalna konferencija povodom Međunarodnog dana borbe protiv nasilja nad ženama
- Okrugli stol “Kako iz začaranog kruga siromaštva”
- Obilježavanje Dana sjećanja na žrtve Domovinskog rata i Dana sjećanja na žrtvu Vukovara i Škabrnje
- Seminar o zaštiti prijavitelja nepravilnosti
- Posjet slovenskom NPM-u
- Konferencija pravobraniteljskih i nacionalnih institucija za ljudska prava u okviru Prvog parlamentarnog summita Međunarodne krimske platforme