Ombudswoman Lora Vidović was elected as a member of the GANHRI Working Group on Aging on 6 March, 2017 in Geneva. Working group is tasked for making improvement in GANHRI’s member mutual cooperation in the field of protection human rights of elderly as well as for enhancing strategic activities at the international fora including contribution to the UN mechanisms.
As one of two representatives of the European institutions, she was elected at the general meeting of the European network of national human rights institutions (ENNHRI), as a chair in 2016. Eight member Working Group on Aging also consist of NHRI representatives from Asia and Pacific, North and South Americas and Africa.
One of Working Group priorities is advocating for adoption of the UN Convention on the Rights of Older Persons. Namely, although human rights are universal and relate to all citizens, the fact that the older persons are not explicitly referred to in the international documents may present a challenge for protection of their rights; therefore implementation of the Convention might contribute to strengthening of their rights.
- Parliamentary Committee on Human and National Minority Rights Votes in Favor of the Ombudswoman’s 2022 Annual Report
- World Homeless Day – Invisible, but also Forgotten?
- Ombudswoman to Issue Special Report on the Human Rights of Older Persons
- Genocide against the Roma Insufficiently Explored and Largely Neglected
- What Problems are Most Frequently Reported by Foreign Workers in Croatia?
- Information for (Foreign) Workers in Croatia – How to Protect Your Employment Rights?