Ombudswoman and ENNHRI Chair Lora Vidović participated at the high level international panel discussion on reframing communication on human rights, held on 6th March 2018 in UN Geneva Office.
Kate Gilmore, United Nations Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights, Nils Muižnieks, Council of Europe’s Commissioner for Human Rights, Michael O’Flaherty, Director of the EU Fundamental Rights Agency, Florence Simbiri-Jaoko, Special Envoy of GANHRI and Human Rights Watch Deputy Executive Directore for Advocacy Bruno Stagno Ugarte took part in the conference.
Along with the discussion on current trends regarding human rights perception among general public as well as challenges and good practices in human rights promotion, the conference resulted in the joint statement signed by OHCHR, Council of Europe’s Commissioner for Human Rights, FRA, ENNHRI and GANHRI.
The document points out that with the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights 70 years ago, governments around the globe were committed to making peace, democracy and justice a reality for all. Despite some achievements, however, many today still live in poverty, oppression, inequality and discrimination, exposed to the armed conflicts. For improvements, better laws and policies are necessary but also a clear understanding among the citizens what human rights are as well as their broader support for human rights protection. The signatories therefore have pledged, among other, to work harder together in order to promote values of human rights around the globe.
Full statement you may find in the attachment and the video at: https://youtu.be/_5pM3h1jejQ
Lora Vidovic, current Chair of @ennhri: We have realised that people don’t know what their human rights are, what discrimination is and how to seek protection. We need to be better at explaining our work.
— Nils Muiznieks (@CommissionerHR) March 6, 2018
- Javni poziv za izbor zamjenika/zamjenice pučke pravobraniteljice
- Konferencijom „Ljudska prava u Hrvatskoj“ obilježili smo 75 godina od donošenja Opće deklaracije o ljudskim pravima UN-a
- Usvojeni prijedlozi pravobraniteljice – uskoro bolja zaštita starijih koji potpisuju ugovore o uzdržavanju
- Slučaj Budak: Bolnica provela preporuke pravobraniteljice, Ministarstvo zdravstva daleko manje otvoreno za preporučene promjene
- Deset godina Nacionalnog pozivnog centra za žrtve kaznenih djela i prekršaja
- Obilježavanje Dana sjećanja na žrtve Domovinskog rata i Dana sjećanja na žrtvu Vukovara i Škabrnje