Active engagement of Ombudsman’s Office, as the only Croatian NHRI with the A status in the international human rights protection mechanisms, has been continuously supported by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
Universal Periodic Review (UPR) is one the newest human rights protection instruments, which encompasses all human rights. First cycle of the UPR review process for Republic of Croatia started in 2010 when the first NHRI report was written and submitted. Four years later, in the second cycle new NHRI report should be delivered by September 15, 2014.
Following the procedure established in the first cycle, Ombudsman Office will coordinate set of activities, as well as the preparation of the NHRI report, which will be written in cooperation with other special ombuds offices in Croatia.
Aiming to give comprehensive review of human rights situation in Croatia, consultations with relevant stakeholders will be held with specialized ombuds offices, NGOs, trade unions and journalists, while Croatian Parliament members will be invited to the workshop with the UN OHCHR expert.
The project activities include:
- Workshop with Croatian Parliament MPs (special target group are MPs from the Parliamentary Committee for Human Rights and Rights of National Minorities) regarding the UPR process and Report as an advocacy tool
- Meetings and consultations with: Specialized ombuds offices regarding the process of editing the joint UPR report, Human rights NGOs representatives as well as media representatives on the UPR process
- Translation of the UPR Ombudsmans Report (2014) and prior to this Annual Ombudswoman Report for 2013
- Svjetski dan voda 2023.
- Međunarodni dan eliminacije rasne diskriminacije
- Rasistički ispad prema radniku iz Indije sramotan i apsolutno neprihvatljiv
- Dan nulte tolerancije na diskriminaciju
- Predavanje o zaštiti prijavitelja nepravilnosti u SAFU
- Mišljenje na Studiju o utjecaju na okoliš tzv. „spalionice Rebro„