Obligation to respect personal dignity during police treatment
Law enforcement officials are obliged to respect personal dignity while exercising their duties, warned Ombudswoman Lora Vidović after the complaint on the circumstances of a family eviction. In…
Depriving the inmates’ rights must be argumented, necessary and proportional
Depriving the rights on liberty does not automatically lead to the loss of other civil, political, economic, cultural and social rights. Amongst them is the right to correspondence,…
Extradition of Nurettin Oral would be against international conventions
Extradition of Nurettin Oral to Turkey would be against the international human rights conventions as well as against the European Human Rights Court practice, warned Ombudswoman Lora Vidović…
- Parliamentary Committee on Human and National Minority Rights Votes in Favor of the Ombudswoman’s 2022 Annual Report
- World Homeless Day – Invisible, but also Forgotten?
- Ombudswoman to Issue Special Report on the Human Rights of Older Persons
- Genocide against the Roma Insufficiently Explored and Largely Neglected
- What Problems are Most Frequently Reported by Foreign Workers in Croatia?
- Information for (Foreign) Workers in Croatia – How to Protect Your Employment Rights?