„Far Away from the City – Far Away from the Rights? – Human Rights in Rural Areas“
Almost 2 million citizens of Croatia live in rural and semi-urban areas. The fact that they live at some distance from the urban centers often entails the inaccessibility…
Ombudswoman Vidović elected Chair of the European Network of National Human Rights Institutions
The efforts of the Office of the Ombudswoman aimed at the protection and the promotion of human rights have once again been validated at the international level. Ombudswoman…
Regional meeting of National Preventive Mechanisms on refugees and migrants
Members of the National Preventive Mechanism (NPM) of the Office of the Ombudsman of Croatia participated in a meeting of the NPM network of South East Europe titled…
Amsterdam University Students’ visit in relation to the impact of EU accession on the human rights situation in Croatia with emphasis on minority rights
On 24th March 2013 Deputy Ombudswoman Jagoda Novak received the students of the Amsterdam University, Department for European Studies, who work on the Country Report Studies of the Eastern…
- Parliamentary Committee on Human and National Minority Rights Votes in Favor of the Ombudswoman’s 2022 Annual Report
- World Homeless Day – Invisible, but also Forgotten?
- Ombudswoman to Issue Special Report on the Human Rights of Older Persons
- Genocide against the Roma Insufficiently Explored and Largely Neglected
- What Problems are Most Frequently Reported by Foreign Workers in Croatia?
- Information for (Foreign) Workers in Croatia – How to Protect Your Employment Rights?