The pandemic may have a particularly heavy impact on the Roma population
International Roma Day is celebrated every year on April 8th, commemorating the first World Roma Congress in London in 1971, where the green and blue flag was reaffirmed…
Analysis: How human rights protection affects emigration and demographic dynamics
In recent 20 years the number of Croatian inhabitants decreased for approximately a half million thus less than 4 million inhabitants now live in Croatia. According to the…
The fundamental rights of older people need to be better protected
“Fundamental rights are not just for the young. They protect everyone regardless of age,” says FRA Director Michael O’Flaherty. “We need to do a better job of protecting the…
The Annual Report for 2015 is now available in English
The Annual Report of the Ombudswoman of Croatia for 2015 is now available in English. This comprehensive overview of the state of human rights and occurrences of discrimination…
- Parliamentary Committee on Human and National Minority Rights Votes in Favor of the Ombudswoman’s 2022 Annual Report
- World Homeless Day – Invisible, but also Forgotten?
- Ombudswoman to Issue Special Report on the Human Rights of Older Persons
- Genocide against the Roma Insufficiently Explored and Largely Neglected
- What Problems are Most Frequently Reported by Foreign Workers in Croatia?
- Information for (Foreign) Workers in Croatia – How to Protect Your Employment Rights?