On 6th and 7th May 2013 members of the National Preventive Mechanism paid an unannounced visit to the Prison Hospital in Zagreb.
The visit did not have any specific target but rather it was getting the insight into the overall functioning of the prison hospital in order to strengthen protection of persons deprived of liberty. During the visit the NPM members conducted interviews both with prisoners and the staff, checked relevant documents and visited all premises where prisoners were placed. Special attention was paid to checking how the control mechanisms for protection of persons with mental disorder function regarding the use of physical force. The facts and findings established during the visit together with recommendations will be included in a special report which will be delivered to the Prison Hospital, Central Administration Office for Detention System of the Ministry of Justice as well as to the Ministry of Health.
- Ombudswoman to Chair European Network of Equality Bodies (Equinet)
- European Commission’s Recommendation to Croatia: Ensure Follow-Up to the Ombudswoman’s Recommendations and the Access to Information
- Exchanging Experiences with Armenian Colleagues on the Protection of the Persons Reporting Irregularities
- International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- World Refugee Day
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day