Former Ombudswoman Lora Vidović Receives the Highest Order of Merit Awarded by the French Republic
Former Ombudswoman of the Republic of Croatia, Lora Vidović, received on 20 October 2020 the National Order of the Legion of Honor, the highest French order of merit. The award was presented to her by the Ambassador of the French Republic to Croatia, HE Gael Veyssiere.
This is the recognition of the dedication and commitment Vidović exhibited working on protecting human rights in the Republic of Croatia, and thus affirming the democratic values in the foundations of the common European identity, within her role as Croatian Ombudswoman. She was nominated for the award by the Embassy of the French Republic in Croatia.
Lora Vidović served as Ombudswoman from 2013 to 2021. Prior to that, she headed the UNICEF’s Croatian office and served as Deputy Ombudswoman for Children.
- Special Report of the Ombudswoman – Impact of the COVID-19 Epidemic on Human Rights and Equality
- The New Act for the Protection of Persons Reporting Irregularities (“Whistleblowers”) – Key Information for Reporting Persons and Confidential Persons
- Holocaust Remembrance Day – A Conversation with the Last Generation of Holocaust Survivors
- International Mother Earth Day – Right to Clean, Healthy and Sustainable Environment is a Human Right
- Ombudswoman Šimonović Einwalter to participate in the Work of the Council of Europe’s Committee on Artificial Intelligence (CAI)
- Information Exchange with Equinet Members on the Consequences of the War in Ukraine