“Human Rights Protection in Eurasia”: Deputy Ombudswoman Presents Our Work in the Field of Environmental Protection
Representatives of Eurasian NHRIs and Ombuds institutions, OHCHR, the Council of Europe and the European Ombudsman Institute (EOI) meet on 12 October 2021 for the 5th International Conference…
Police Violence Video: Efficient Investigation into Use of Force by Police Necessary for the Protection of Human Rights and the Rule of Law
Following the confirmation from the Croatian Ministry of the Interior that the persons visible in the video footage broadcasted by RTL TV network beating migrants at the Croatia-Bosnia…
World Homeless Day – Amendments to Social Welfare Act an Opportunity to Improve Their Situation
World Homeless Day is observed annually on 10 October with the aim of raising public awareness about the situation of the homeless and the issues they face daily….
UN’s Human Rights Council: Rights to a Healthy Environment is a Human Right
The right to a clean, healthy and sustainable environment now globally recognized as a human right In its session held on 8 October 2021 the Human Rights Council…
International Day of Older Persons: How Do the Elderly Live in Croatia?
Around the world 1 October is marked as the International Day of Older Persons. On that occasion, let us take a look at the situation of older persons…
Following Ombudswoman’s Recommendation Deadline for Pensioners’ COVID Relief Payments Extended
Following public appeals by the Croatian Pensioners’ Union and the National Pensioners’ Convention of Croatia and the Ombudswoman’s recommendation issued after having received a significant number of complaints…
Equality Data: Powerful Tools to Support the Fight against Discrimination
How does equality data support combatting discrimination and what are the challenges faced by equality bodies and other relevant stakeholders in compiling them – those were the topics…
High Level Meeting on Standards for Equality Bodies
In order to successfully combat discrimination in Europe, it is crucial to have strong and independent equality bodies. In achieving that, the European Commission’s support will be crucial….
- European Court of Human Rights Ruling – An Opportunity to Strengthen Human Rights and the Rule of Law in Croatia
- New Measures Introduced to Curb the Spread of COVID-19 – Protection, but also Rights Limitation: A Legal Analysis
- NHRIs COP26 Symposium – The Role of National Human Rights Institutions in Bridging the Accountability Gap in a Climate Emergency
- Social Welfare Draft Bill: Extensive Criticism Points to the Need for Wider Debate, More Focus on the Beneficiaries’ Needs
- Fifth Regional Conference of Equality Bodies from South-East Europe: Impact of COVID-19 on Equality
- Virtual Seminar: The role of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights in the Work of Equality Bodies and National Human Rights Institutions