After our Office was badly damaged during the devastating earthquake that hit Zagreb on March 22nd, in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, the Ombudswoman and the Office staff have received many messages of support from colleagues and associates in other countries.
Therefore, we would like to thank them all, especially our colleagues from the EU Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA), the European Network of National Human Rights Institutions (ENNHRI), the European Network of Equality Bodies (Equinet), the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI), as well as European Ombudsman and numerous Ombudsman institutions, national human rights institutions (NHRIs) and Equality bodies throughout Europe.
Their best wishes and support are an expression of solidarity which is important and appreciated, not only among people, but institutions as well, especially during these challenging times.
- New ENNHRI report – State of the Rule of Law in Europe
- Renovation after the earthquake: financing rules and deadlines must be defined
- Permanently introduce video visits for all prisoners
- Discrimination based on health – Sick leave as a reason for not renewing a fixed-term contract
- 11 recommendations for a fair and equal Europe: Rebuilding our societies after COVID-19
- COVID-19 underlines importance of strong fundamental rights protection