On the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the entry into force of the first Ombudsman Act, Ombudswoman Tena Šimonović Einwalter is organizing the conference “Protection of Human Rights and the Rule of Law”. The event will take place on Wednesday, November 30, 2022. from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The conference will bring together representatives of various institutions, civil society organizations, the academic community, the media and others. The discussions will be focused on the challenges in the protection of human rights and the rule of law in Croatia, including the contributions that human rights can make in response to the challenges facing our society.
The program is divided into three parts: it starts with high level opening speeches, is followed by a panel in which five speakers will share their experiences regarding human rights in everyday life today, while in the third panel, experts of various profiles will talk about the future of human rights and the rule of law.
High level European actors and our European and international partners in the field of human rights and equality will address the conference’s participants via short video messages.”
You can find out more about our institution and it’s history here.
- International Conference Marks End of the Project on the EU Charter on Fundamental Rights and the Rule of Law
- Parliamentary Committee on Human and National Minority Rights Votes in Favor of the Ombudswoman’s 2022 Annual Report
- World Homeless Day – Invisible, but also Forgotten?
- Ombudswoman to Issue Special Report on the Human Rights of Older Persons
- Genocide against the Roma Insufficiently Explored and Largely Neglected
- What Problems are Most Frequently Reported by Foreign Workers in Croatia?